Paul wrote:
> [...]

So UnicodeString is your only choice and UTF-8 would be the prefered
encoding for data exchange.

> It is sent in the url.

URLs have to be UTF-8 and URL encoded so no problemo. I changed URL
encoding recently to UTF-8. However all URL functions take a String and
return a String, that is a UnicodeString in D2009, this is possible since the
URL encoded string only contains characters from the ASCII printable range.
So when the URL encoded UnicodeString is sent it can be converted to
ANSI with any current code page without data loss.

> Difficult to test here..

You can write a small test application and see how it works.

--
Arno Garrels