Paul wrote:
> [...]

Which code page or MIME charset? You need to know the code page, then
convert all to UnicodeString, UTF-8 is a ANSI string as well with
code page Windows.CP_UTF8 which equals MIME charset 'utf-8'.

> To decode it properly, I have to use an ansistring also (tested)

If it is base64 encoded etc. it has to be decoded first before the
convertion to UnicodeString that's correct.