Jeff Cook wrote:

> I can see how to download the ICS-V5 distribution from www.overbyte.be
> which says it includes ICS-SSL for free.

Don't use this download but the ICS-V5 Zipped Daily Snapshot:
http://wiki.overbyte.be/wiki/index.php/FAQ#How_to_get_ICS
And download the OpenSSL binaries as well from this page.

> If I install this, will all my existing code work or will I have to go
> through and redo everything?

It should not break your existing code, just in case, back up your
current ICS source tree.

> I guess I'm asking if the component
> names are all the same and with the properties set as they currently
> are, will my programs still work as at present.
>  And I expect that
> I'll have to set some new properties for SSL.

Install the SSL package, don't try to install both SSL and non-SSL
packages at the same time. The SSL package includes the non-SSL
components as well.
In order to enable SSL, for instance, with the SMTP component replace
TSmtpCli by TSslSmtpCli. You MUST add conditional define "USE_SSL" to the
project options as well.
The SSL components got additional properties, methods and events,
look at the SslMailSnd demo in new sub folder SslInternet.

--
Arno Garrels