This is the issue I now have:

The FTP client is connected to a server and is downloading files as fast as it can. As discussed in previous e-mails there is an approx 200mS network delay between file downloads, probably due to the opening and closing of the data socket and I don't really want to add any more delay manually. The problem I have is that while this file download is active I am also trying to write data to a USB device. There is a certain amout of buffering available but large amounts of network activity prevent the application from servicing the USB port. Is there any way to reduce the overall priority of the FTP client or even the just the data socket so the USB gets more time to be serviced. I have looked at the FTP client source to see what the "Multi Threaded" does and it appears not a lot, unless you know different. Would it work to run the FTP client totally in a low priority thread or does this still not work because the Windows networking just hogs CPU resources regardless.

Graham