AG> Only if socket IO actually was a bottleneck it might make sense
AG> to use a different thread design, something like around 100
AG> clients per thread, for example.

You'll have to bare with my questions on this as this is a subject I don't
really know yet.

If my main app (which contains an TFtpServer component) is working hard
processing data and a client requests a large file, does the main app stop
processing its data whilst the file is being sent ?
What if 25 users request the same large file ?

If it does stop, then what do I need to do to make sure that it doesn't ?

David Rose

Navigator Systems Ltd,
Network Business Centre, 3 Gloucester Street,
Bath, BA1 2SE,UK

Main Tel: +44 (0)207 183 0011
Fax: +44 (0)1225 464984

Company Email: da...@navigator.co.uk (Private e-mail on request)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of
the e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be
privileged.  If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any
form whatsoever.  If you have received this e-mail in error please
e-mail the sender by replying to this message.