> I don't think I explained properly. The FTP server and Database are
> completely unrelated except for the fact that they share the same
> exe.

If by exe you mean the same project and executable file, and you are not
already using threads, then the two applications are totally related,
only one will be running at a time.

Again you don't actually say what you mean by 'database' , most people
would assume this means a database server engine like MS SQL, MySQL or
DB2 which you won't be compiling into your own executable.  But maybe you
have a lightweight internal database or some non-SQL engine?

If you actually mean database client code accessing an external database,
all my previous comments stand, the FTP server will block during database
access.

> I have a client program myapp.exe

Irrelevant to this discussion.

Angus