Apart from the first command, under normal circumstances all commands loaded
to the FTP client are as a result of a previous FTP client event being
generated. Occasionally I am detecting a "FTP Component Not Ready" error.

So the question is: Is there an FTP or some sort of network condition that
can produce this error message, or is it more likely that there is some
sneaky route in my code whereby a command can be loaded to the FTP client
before the previous command has finished.

Graham