-----Original Message-----
From: twsocket-boun...@elists.org [mailto:twsocket-boun...@elists.org] On
Behalf Of Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd
Sent: 27 January 2011 16:16
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: Re: [twsocket] Using the FTP Client

> It is only when the FTP is getting data that it can go pear shaped.
> While the  FTP data is being processed, the USB is continually
> monitored and FTP processing is interrupted to service the USB.

Are FTP and USB servicing running as separate applications?  FTP is
presumably writing a simple file and not trying to immediately resend the
data to USB?

It may be the USB stuff needs 100% CPU and can not tolerate anything else
running.  You are using async FTP, or at least FTP in a thread which is how
I got 250 sessions running?

You really just need to keep Task Manager running while the problem is
happening, and see how many seconds of CPU each different application is
using, the hog should become obvious.

> All this works on my system

So you have the teleprompter for development testing?  It is often hard
to replicate customer environments.

Angus