----- Original Message -----
From: "Frans van Daalen" <i...@hedaal.nl>
To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] HttpNoBasicAuth

>>> And give it a different name, to bypass the "no brake early code" rule,
>>> or some of the annoyances will have to remain. Or start a new branch of
>>> renewed components.
>>> And, IMHO, if technically possible, the THttpCli should mix HTTP and
>>> HTTPS, and handle internally what protocol to use, based in the current
>>> URL, that can originate from an usual HTTP to HTTPS redirect.
>>
>> In my opinion, the future cross platform Delphi which will come sooner or
>> later (hopefully sooner) will be the best candidate for a rewrite.
>> It will be ICS V8.
>>

> Given the fact that even the basic function (GetASync) is broken and hard to
> correct IMHO waiting for a next version of delphi is to late to start (
> planning ) a rewrite.

During my tests last week it did not trigger OnRequestDone on relocations
with StatusCode = 0 any more and that worked thru a proxy as well with
different types of authentication. www.microsoft.de is good for testing
relocations (3 or 4) and you should setup a proxy for testing as well,
Squid for Windows seems to work quite well with basic, ntlm and digest,
however with NTLM it reqiures a user code in the form of <domain>\<username>