>> But I was referring to the HTTPApp functions algorithm, not the functions
> itself. Allocating the maximum possible result string length at the
> beginning, and using pointers, is usually more efficient than all these copy
> and concatenation operations you are using in your code.

I know, and I initially used that implementation, but it's a lot of work to
write a personalized case for each one of the 480 HTML entities.
The stings I have to decode are usually very short so I don't get a
performance drop even using this slower function.

I'll try and rewrite it with pointers though.

Daniele