Maurizio Lotauro wrote:
> Scrive Arno Garrels <arno.garr...@gmx.de>:
>
>> Maurizio Lotauro wrote:
>>> Scrive Arno Garrels <arno.garr...@gmx.de>:
>
> [...]
>
>>> Cardinal and Integer should not change since (IIRC) NativeInt and
>>> NativeUInt was introduced to handle 32/64 bit cpu.
>>
>> That's correct Integer will remain 32 bit in x64 however might change
>> in the far future and Longint most likely never changes its size even
>> in x128.
>
> I don't think that this will happen,

So I do.

> otherwise the introduction of
> NativeIn and NativeUInt make no sense. Now this two should follow the
> cpu and OS "size".

These types will always have the size of a Pointer.

> These are two interested blog from Marco Cantu:
>
> http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/Delphi_64_bit_sneak_preview.html
> http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/getting_ready_delphi_64.html
>
> Notice the changes for Windows messages too.

There hasn't much changed, WPARAM and LPARAM will be Pointer-sized
integers, Int64 in Win64 and Longint in Win32, so sending Pointers
with messages is just a matter of casting them properly, i.e.
WParam(MyPointer) etc.. BTW: ICS should be already well prepared
for Win64.

> [...]
>
>>> And why don't invert the test?
>>>
>>> if FClientNum) < MaxLongint then
>>>    Inc(FClientNum)
>>> else
>>>    FClientNum := 1;
>>
>> I don't know why there is/was the ">=" comparison, I guess that Angus
>> wanted to build-in some kind of strange fault-tolerance? However
>> provided that FClientNum is only ever incremented in
>> TCustomWSocketServer.TriggerSessionAvailable
>> (which it realy should) you are perfectly right here as well.
>
> Another think that I noticed. Since the TWSocketClient.CliId is very
> imprtant to correct handle the client, why it is writable?

Good question, IMO it should be a read-only property.