Hello,
On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 20:27, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd <
an...@magsys.co.uk> wrote:

> > I wonder if we could write the data directly to TWSocket bufferlist
> > instead of FDocBuf in THttpServer so that there is no longer double
> > (and in the case of SSL triple) copying.
>
> I'm currently looking at THttpServer performance improvements, I doubled
> the speed on Friday by increasing buffers sizes in the client, but plan
> to make the buffer size dynamic based on the size of the file being sent,
> since there are often lots of small files.
>
> Currently the server defaults to reading 1,460 bytes at a time from the
> stream, which seems appropriate for dial-up modems 10 years ago.
>
> Angus

We have made some ICS web server speed improvements too. Together with RAM
cache and keep-alive, it could reply 7700 requests/sec for a 1KB file! The
good thing with proxy servers is that it does not matter if it is a txt or a
php file. 1460 bytes is the Ethernet frame payload size. We have made some
buffering in cache reads so that it now reads 16-32-64KB and pumps in 1460
bytes each time, reducing cache critical section wait time.

What I want to know is we already have the cache memory stream which we read
from and there is multiple copying of data as TMemoryStream->FDocBuf->ICS
internal buffer->Winsock. If only we cıould remove the first part and copy
directly to ICS, it will be faster.

Regards,

SZ