> As far as I know, using the Async commands, the "FTP component not
> ready" error occurs if you initiate a command before the previous
> one has generated the RequestDone event.

Yes, the State variable is checked to ensure the next command can be
performed safely.

> I have one customer who is getting this error about
> once a week, so the question is:  Can this error be produced by
> something else. A network error or  some strange issue in the
> server maybe?

State can change at any time while a command is being executed and
sometimes two or more commands are executed in sequence.  State changes
to ftpNotConnected when the control channel disconnects, which will cause
the not ready error when the next command is executed.