Good day,

I am experiencing an issue since installing ICS 8 with Delphi XE3. Whenever the
local version of a SOAP server exits, I get a 'Runtime error 216 at 00407AD2'
error message.

I have a TCP server running to which clients connect (All works fine). This
error does NOT occur if I simply start and quit any of the SOAP servers without
any clients connecting to the TCP server. Once a client has made a successful
connection to the TCP server and I then quit the local debug version of the
SOAP servers (localhst:8083 for example), the AV occurs.

I have traced the exception to line 6321 in the 'OverbyteIcsWSocket' unit. Here
is the snippet of code that causes the AV.

destructor TCustomWSocket.Destroy;
begin
try
InternalCancelDnsLookup(TRUE); { Cancel any pending dns lookup }
except
{ Ignore any exception here }
end;
UnregisterIcsAsyncDnsLookup;

if FState <> wsInvalidState then begin { FPiette V7.42 }
{ wsInvalidState happend when an exception is raised early in the constructor }
{ Close the socket if not yet closed }
if FState <> wsClosed then
Close;
{$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}
EnterCriticalSection(GWSockCritSect); <<--- The AV exception occurs here .
try
Dec(WSocketGCount);
if WSocketGCount <= 0 then begin
WSocketUnloadWinsock;
{ WSocketGCount := 0; // it is set to 0 in WSocketUnloadWinsock }
end;
finally
LeaveCriticalSection(GWSockCritSect);
end;
{$ENDIF}
end;

if Assigned(FBufHandler) then begin
FBufHandler.Free;
FBufHandler := nil;
end;
if Assigned(FDnsResultList) then begin
FDnsResultList.Free;
FDnsResultList := nil;
end;

if Assigned(FCounter) then begin
FCounter.Free;
FCounter := nil;
end;
{$IFNDEF NO_DEBUG_LOG}
{ Removes TIcsLogger's free notification in a thread-safe way }
SetIcsLogger(nil);
{$ENDIF}
inherited Destroy;
end;

I would appreciate it if anyone is able to shed light onto this issue so that I
can resolve it.

Thank you very much for any insight.

Kind Regards,

Christian Giesen