> *Subject:* Re: [twsocket] TPing, PingThrd1...
> Well it seems the timeout has zero effect.
> Setting it to any number does not change the result.

I was wrong before, the timeout relates to the Windows ICMP blocking request,
as does the resulting reply in ms.

Are you getting the same result from every public IP address you test,
including non-existent addresses, or just one single IP.

> The project is named PingThrd.
> FPing := TPing.Create(nil);      // create in thread context

That is a very old project and like all usermade source code, is unsupported.
The threaded version has not used TICMP not TPing for 12 years.

The last version is at:

http://www.magsys.co.uk/download/software/pingthrd.zip

but that is also unsupported since ICS V8 now includes a threaded ping.