On Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:00 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Jon Robertson wrote:

> Yes, the applications are using the same version of the DLLs.  Very
> odd that two separate applications on the same machine attempting to
> connect to the same URL, and one receives a response like "this URL
> doesn't support SSL".

One can never be sure. For instance, I have SpeedFan running from
AutoStart on my old XP box which loads the OpenSSL DLLs found in
System32 directory. My ICS app. with OpenSSL DLLs located in
application's directory then loads the already loaded OpenSSL DLLs.

"If a DLL with the same module name is already loaded in memory, the system
checks only for redirection and a manifest before resolving to the loaded DLL,
no matter which directory it is in. The system does not search for the DLL."

--
Arno