> In short, it seems that OpenSSL can get confused when application
> data is sent while it is doing renegotiation itself, if I
> understood correctly.
> Could this be the problem we are experiencing, or does the ICS
> implementation around OpenSSL take this into account?

Why would you application be doing renegotiation?  Did you see any of that in
the
logs.

As far as I'm aware, the ICS OpenSSL implementation is full duplex, as is
TCP/IP.
But most protocols are essentially half duplex, unless streaming lining is
used.

But I did not write ICS OpenSSL implementation, and try to avoid the deep
complexities of it, except for the parts I keep updating to improve it.