Maybe the first and easier step its to add a new target to generate
markdown code? This way txt2tags users can paste markdown code in all
these tools that support it.

But a basic txt2tags PHP module could be doable, to just convert the
marks to HTML. No config, no pre/postproc, no headers, no
complications. Anybody? :)

Aurélio | www.aurelio.net | @oreio