I use vim and the text2tags syntax file.  I don't have the same problem that
you do (my wordwrap is fine).  Let me describe my situation, and maybe you
can see if you are doing something differently.

1) my vimrc file has:
//some stuff
set linebreak
//some stuff
au BufNewFile, BufRead *.t2t set ft=txt2tags
// some other stuff

I've noticed that the order of definitions in vimrc can effect vim's
behavior.

2) I'm running vim
$ vim --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Sep 21 2009 11:19:28)
Included patches: 1-245

3) I'm running txt2tags from the subversion repository... I haven't updated
it in about 3 months though.
$ txt2tags --version
txt2tags version 2.6b <http://txt2tags.sf.net>

Hope this helps.

2010/6/20 Søren Hansen <sny...@yahoo.com>

> Hi
>
> I can not get line wrap at word to work when using the syntax file for Vim
> you can download on the homepage. I usually use :set lbr! but it does not
> seem to have any effect when the highlights are on.
>
> I'm guessing that its a simple parameter somewhere that prevents it, but I
> can not figure out which. Can any of you help me?
>
> Kind regards
>
> S. Hansen

David Young