Hi Nicholas,

Try version 2.4, which is the last compatible with Python 1.x. You may try
older versions as well.

You say you don't have command line, but have access to the Python
interactive shell. That's fine.

Rename the txt2tags script to txt2tags.py, so you can import it as a
module. There's a handy function exec_command_line() that you can use. It
expects to receive the full command line as a list of tokens, except the
very first item. Examples:

    txt2tags --help  --->  ['--help']

    txt2tags -t html -i sample.t2t  --->  ['-t', 'html', '-i', 'sample.t2t']

To make things easier, you can use split to create the list:

    '-t html -i sample.t2t'.split()

So, just enter in Python shell, import txt2tags and have fun:

>>> import txt2tags
>>> txt2tags.exec_command_line( '-t html -i samples/sample.t2t'.split() )
txt2tags wrote samples/sample.html

Besides that, you can also use it the harder way, calling the specific
functions, as shown in samples/module/*.py files.

Note to Eric: I think these instructions will be useful in the website|wiki.

Aurelio | www.aurelio.net | @oreio