On a Nokia E61 running 3.0633.09.04 firmware

Python 1.4.5 with script shell (which is based on Python 2.2) I was
able to convert the sample.t2t file correctly with today's date

I had to find getopt.py (based on the same version of python), I used
a plain version not a pys60 version (couldn't find one)
I loaded txt2tags.py (version 2.5) and getopt.py modules from the
interactive script shell:
import sys
sys.path.append("e:\\Python")

This was needed because the c:\resource folder which contains the
python modules was inaccessible to me.

I could then run txt2tags.exec_command_line :D

txt2tags.exec_command_line( '-t html -i e:\\sample.t2t'.split() )
sample.t2t was on the minisd card. It wrote out the file into the same folder.

Absolutely stoked! Thank YOU!