>From the Durham-Chapel Hill Federation

As the flood waters recede in our neighboring communities, the
Durham-Chapel Hill Jewish Federation is opening a Hurricane Relief mailbox
for those intersted in making a contribution to help those in need in
North Carolina.  These funds will be passed through directly to the
Governor's Hurricane Relief Fund.

Should you be interested in making a contribution to these efforts through
the Federation, please send your check to Durham-Chapel Hill Jewish
Federation, 3700 Lyckan Parkway, Suite B, Durham, 27707.  Please be sure
to note: Hurricane relief on your checks to the DURHAM-CHAPEL HILL JEWISH
FEDERATION.  Or, feel free to send your contribution directly to:
Governor's Hurricane Relief Fund, 116 W. Jones St., Raleigh, NC
27603-8003.

Our Federation and others are calling to assess the needs of Jewish
institutions in the Eastern part of our state.  To this point, we have
heard that while some Jewish institutions in Wilmington suffered damages,
repairs will be covered by insurance.  We will continue to contact members
of other communities to survey damages.

If there are opportunities to form teams for direct recovery efforts, we
will let interested individuals know.  Thanks again for your calls.  We
hope we can work together to make this disaster relief following Hurricane
Floyd a total community effort.

Elaine Marcus, President
Durham-Chapel Hill Jewish Federation

TYJP is supported by annual membership dues and the local Jewish
Federations. For more information, please visit http://www.rtpnet.org or
e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please support tyjp.

Have you missed or deleted a message? Visit the the tyjp mail archive at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tyjp-l%40rtpnet.org/ or click the link off our
home page at http://www.rtpnet.org/tyjp

END