Response below

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hanwell, David
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 11:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [U2] MV Fad

Yes, but Dawn, fads change.

--yes, you will note that I did say in my P.S. that I'm looking for more
than a fad

For example, I'm sure that you know that the
fad among twentysomething female professionals used to be to wear pink
or baby blue Nike jogging shoes to work and to carry their work shoes.
Now when those women get off of a commuter train in Center City it looks
like there's a morticians convention in town. They are all dressed in
black business suits, hair tied back in a bun, and walking on ugly,
clunky black Amish granny shoes.

--hey, I resemble that remark!

I can even feel the next fad coming, for suddenly stiletto shoes have
made an appearance. I was walking up the stairs at Suburban Station,
just fascinated by the twentysomething woman just in front of me who
had:
* a huge purse slung over her right shoulder,

--laptop?

* a smaller purse in the crook of her right elbow,
* the obligatory Starbucks travel mug in her right hand, and
* a cell phone on which she was conversing in her left hand,
all the while wobbling up the steps on thin 5" stiletto heels.

--unfathomable!

It was a truly amazing athletic performance!   ;-)

Now, do we really want to be a fad?

--Again, see my P.S. but I STILL think it is cool if someone thinks we are a
fad and that relational fad has had a good run of it ;-)  --dawn

"Behold I am become Death,
the shatterer of worlds." - Vishnu,
in the Hindu Bhagavad Gita.
David Hanwell