-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Adell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[snip]

>To last at anything, you have to be realistic about your threats and
>weaknesses. Look at a legacy Oracle system with required database standards

>built in and compare it to a PICK db with no standards and 20 years of
>maintenance.

OK, lets do that. Your Oracle database will take up approximately twice the
disk space, require twice the computing power for a given number of
concurrent users and require 3 times the personnel costs to do the same job.

>At the PICK convention in Vegas this year, maybe 500 people showed up. I
>heard 5 years ago there more like 5,000. Sound like a fad anyone?
>Maybe IBM can fix it.

That wouldn't have anything to do with a crappy economy, would it?

[snip]
http://www.u2ug.org/listinfo/u2-users