Stiletos? Pink shoes? i can definitely see what these two have in common
with a database:)
I've heard that PICK programmers are too arrogant to recognize a
threat...maybe that is why their database is losing to Oracle?:) Of course
now I will be labelled a heretic by the 12th century Catholic Church of
database programmers, but really, look at those who designed the pick
systems.

To last at anything, you have to be realistic about your threats and
weaknesses. Look at a legacy Oracle system with required database standards
built in and compare it to a PICK db with no standards and 20 years of
maintenance.
At the PICK convention in Vegas this year, maybe 500 people showed up. I
heard 5 years ago there more like 5,000. Sound like a fad anyone?
Maybe IBM can fix it.

Government Service Automation