What kind of /tmp, or /temp  file system space do you have?
How much disk space for it, and is it striped across multiple spindles?

How much memory?
How much swap space? Should be AT LEAST 2X physical memory, (more if you got
it).
What is your current uvconfig parameters?

How long has this system been installed?
How is your file sizing?

Tell us specific configuration of your Disks, and any RAID that may be in
use?
How many disk drives and their sizes?
What is the Disk IO Block size on this system?
Any striping? if so, what interleave factor?

Tell us about the application - what is it- what does it do and how does it
do it?
How many users are there, and what mix of them are doing what types of
things within the application throughout the day?
Is there a VAR involved? If so, who, and what do they say?

Who installed & configured the system and did the conversion?

Everyone using unique AIX login names/id's?

What specifc revisions of AIX, including specific patch levels?