I couldn't find where this anything has changed in this area of our code,
nor could I reproduce the condition of it taking the ELSE clause.

Leroy,

I have a corrupted file which reports the following on a READ from the corrupted group:
File '/path/FILE':
Computed blink of 0x74617C20 does not match expected blink of 0x0!
Detected within group starting at address 0x172000!
Program "*cross*TESTCRPT": Line 10, Internal data error.

And then takes the ELSE branch. STATUS is 0.

No ABORT, no ON ERROR, no way to tell a group is corrupt.

I'm just about to send this to Jonathan Evans in IBM Australia.

regards,