> In order to get the customer name we "translate" into the address book.
Now
> Hence, you've got two unsynchronized indexes.  That's the problem noted.
> I don't believe U2 has an internal function to resolve this situation.

First off, I know that IBM doesn't support translates in indexes .. I know
for a fact that it doesn't work on UV - you build the index, and it *SEEMS*
to be OK, but all updates after that essentially produce a blank entry in
the index, since all NEW records don't actually exist when the initial index
update (and therefore initial translate) are done .. I suppose that if you
wrote the record initially (blank index key) and then later updated the
record without updating the translated data, the index would "fix" itself ..

The index still doesn't consistently work this way, so you can't really use
it ..

</$.02> -chuck