Susan

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gordon J
Glorfield
Sent: 01 February 2005 14:00
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] Unidebugger

Now I'm confused.  You are now the second person to claim that the
"UniDebugger doesn't use locking when it reads/writes host Basic
programs".  This is definitely not the case here.  We use the UniObjects

connect method and it does use and honor record locks.

I was hoping that someone could suggest a method utilizing triggers or
something to get it to honor our check-in/check-out database.  I'm not
really interested in investigating alternatives to UniDebugger.  I just
want to explore making it work.  Perhaps I need to look at the
read/write
permissions, as hinted at earlier, as a possible solution.

Cheers,
Gordon

Gordon J. Glorfield
Sr. Applications Developer
MAMSI (A UnitedHealth Company)
301-360-8839

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 02/01/2005 07:40:55 AM:

> The UniDebugger doesn't use locking when it reads/writes host Basic
> programs as this would not fit the home-grown check-in/out systems
> many people use.
>
> In the wIntegrate Editor we added the ability to call a custom
> subroutine at the usual points which give 100% control, in the same
> way as the "service subroutine" which is optionally called by the
> Query Builder to filter what the users sees and does.
>
> However today the UniDebugger does not support custom host
subroutines.