1. T30FILE.
If your MFILES was set to the default, 12, then chances are T30FILE also
needs to be tweaked, given that you have so many dynamic files.  I
assume you compared the old DG uvconfig to the new Linux one and can
account for the differences.

2. DISABLE-, BUILD.INDEX.
Try disabling indexes, do the cleanup, then rebuild the index.  Kinda
hard to do if you have concurrent users, but try it on the test system.
This relates to Trevor's first comment about oversized items. If many
items are indexed by the same value, you can have a huge list of primary
ids that needs to be maintained.  But I've seen performance improve even
by disabling evenly distributed index values.
I don't see how that would explain performance differences between DG &
Linux, though.

cds