For us we would have to use the Oracle enterprise licenses due to the number
of cpu's we use. A lot, lot more than $150 per cpu.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Bill H.
Sent: Thu 17/02/2005 16:13
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] uv pe

Adrian:

I recently saw a Dell add where they partner with Oracle and one can
purchase an Oracle license for about $150/license.  Don't know how that
works out in a web environment or a "device licensing" scenario but that's
not anywhere near as expensive as it used to be.

Also, Microsoft SQL Server can be had for about $5,000 (or less) for an
unlimited license on a single processor.

Bill

name of winmail.dat]