If you really want to do selects on the fly, you might want to look into
unibojects or uniobjects for java.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff Schasny
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:10 PM
To: U2 Group
Subject: RE: [U2] UD: ODBC/OleDB access to selected records in a file

To expand on Colins idea of a work file:

What about creating a process which can be passed a list of column
definitions (title,width,datatype, etc) and a set of report data
thenand creates an ODBC enabled work file which could be accessed by
crystal reports with a simple "SELECT * FROM" SQL statement.