Unidata on Unix has this issue, too (at least the DEC Tru64 flavor) -- it holds
onto the file lock after CLOSESEQ of a file OPENSEQed with the Unix path.

Don't know if it's been fixed in newer UD releases, but not likely a priority
since OPENSEQ of a VOC pointer doesn't have the problem.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/04/06 2:53 PM >>>
>Do you recall which OS this was on?  I don't believe I've run into
this problem but I'm currently using Windows (2000 and 2003) but I've
also been on RS6000 and DG/UX.  All of this is with UV.

Unidata on Windows, as I recall.

-Kevin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.PrecisOnline.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL
information, including PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use or disclosure of this information
is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to delete this e-mail and
any attachments, notify the sender immediately, and notify the
LabCorp Privacy Officer at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or call (877)
23-HIPAA / (877) 234-4722.