You will probably find that it really isnt difficult to learn.  I moved
into my current job 12 years ago with absolutely no experience with
Universe (actually it was PI/Open and then we moved to Universe).  I
learned it by just reading, playing on a test account, reading source
code, and just getting thrown into the hot seat.  I had about 10 yrs
previous experience on other systems and databases before Universe.
That makes it easier.  You find that you are really doing the same thing
using different commands.  Once you are settled with things, you will
find that Universe doesnt need a lot of baby sitting.

The people on this list are a great help.  There is lots of experience
here and people are always glad to help.  Dont be afraid to ask
questions.

Anthony