I have had a problem compiling a program in Unidata 7.1.0 that is taken from
Universe that uses an EXECUTE statement with the RTNLIST option.

To test this in its simplest  form, I entered the following test program and
got the following result after compiling it:

ED BP TEST
0001    EXECUTE "SELECT CLIENTS " RTNLIST 1
0002    END

Compiling TEST with the command BASIC BP TEST produced the following error
message:

"Misuse of reserved word 'RTNLIST'
Expecting: end-of-file,END

This program appears to comply with the syntax described in the UniData
Commands Reference manual with the exception that it does not contain an "ON
connection" phrase which appears to not be an option but is described as
"UniData no longer supports this parameter, but is remains for syntax
compatibility".

Since I don't know what a "connection" is,  I tried adding X="" and the phrase
ON X before the RTNLIST option in the EXECUTE statement and still got the same
error message.

EXECUTE with the RTNLIST option works fine in Universe.

Any suggestions?

tia,

Dave

Dave Taylor
President
Sysmark Information Systems, Inc.
49 Aspen Way
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
800-SYSMARK (800-797-6275)
(O) 310-544-1974
(C) 310-561-5200
(P) 800-339-1497
(F) 310-377-3550
Your Source for Integrated EDI Translation and DataSync Integration
www.sysmarkinfo.com