George:

Are you saying one cannot have a single service manager program running once
as a phantom, like cron?  So, this doesn't work:

PHANTOM RUN MYCRON

MYCRON
001 LOOP
002    ...Read if MyCron should be stopped
003    ...Stop MyCron if it should be stopped
004    ...Read jobs to run
005    IF JobToRun THEN
006       PHANTOM RUN JOBDEFINITION
007    END
008    SLEEP 60
009 REPEAT

...but this does:

PHANTOM RUN MYCRON

PHANTOM.MYCRON
001 PA
002 PHANTOM RUN MYCRON

MYCRON
001 LOOP
002    ...Read if MyCron should be stopped
003    IF StopMyCron THEN STOP
004    ...Read jobs to run
005    IF JobToRun THEN
006       PHANTOM RUN JOBDEFINITION