I  am  attempting to setup a data source under Unix to allow access to
   an  Oracle  database.   I  am  having a lot of trouble getting this to
   work.

   I have:

   7        Installed the oracle client

   7        Setup a place to hold the driving library

   7         Setup  a  folder  to  hold  my  odbc.ini  file  and  set the
   ODBCSYSINI environment variable to point there.

   7        I created the odbc.ini file as shown below.

   7         My  oracle  dba  also  did  some configuration setup for the
   Oracle client and was able to connect through the client.

   [DV83]

   Driver=/usr/local/lib/hsdb_odbc.sl

   Description=Oracle ODBC on test system

   SERVER=testserver

   PORT=1521

   USER=test_user

   Password=******

   Database=DV83

   OPTION=3

   SOCKET=

   TraceFile=/production/udtmp/odbc_rich.trace

   Trace=1

   Can  anyone  tell me if they have successfully gotten a BCI connection
   going  to  Oracle  and  how  you did it. By the way I am on an HP Unix
   system.

   Thanks in advance for any help.

   Rich Taylor | Senior Programmer/Analyst| VERTIS COMMUNICATIONS

   250 W. Pratt Street | Baltimore, MD 21201

   P 410.361.8688 | F 410.454.8392

   [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.vertisinc.com

   Vertis  Communications  -  Partnering  with  clients to solve the most
   complex,   time-sensitive  marketing  challenges  through  consulting,
   creative,   research,   direct,   media,  technology,  and  production
   services.

   "The more they complicate the plumbing

     the easier it is to stop up the drain"

   - Montgomery Scott NCC-1701