Question for everyone then: Should IBM invent a method to extend the Query
languages of UniData/UniVerse to do this 'Temporal File' - a "Cross Data
File" SELECT/LIST/SORT?

That is, should the logic for handling multiple datafiles with a common
dictionary basis be 'native' to the processes?  Would we gain significantly
from this?

If so, this should go to the Better n' Better group and U2AskUs...

Have to contemplate how it would work though - essentially, they would have
to have back TWO elements on 'READNEXT' - the datakey and the file....  But
I could see TREMENDOUS use on some new fuctionality here...

David W.