This reminds me that I've always thought that IBM should document a
clear warning in the UV manuals about that the:

A) backup
B) moving
C) copying
D) renaming
E) deletion

Of any UniVerse hashed file - especially dynamic files (type 30) - using
any non-UV utilities *can* cause serious problems if improperly
used/done, including lost of data and/or data corruption.

Backups performed with any utility other than uvbackup need to be done
with no users accessing the files being backed-up. Of course, in the
real world almost no one uses "uvbackup". :-)

Most people find this out the hard way. Of course, having it in the
manuals doesn't mean that anyone will read it. ;-)

Regards,
David