Keith,

I addition to the Universe database, you should have also downloaded the
associated Clients pkg.

This includes UniAdmin for administering Universe as well as Dynamic
Connect, a telnet client used to connect with Universe with any one of a
number of terminal emulations.

You can install Dynamic Connect on any desktop and also on the Universe
server.

Once you have Dynamic Connect installed on the Universe server, open it,
click the File drop-down menu, click Session Wizard, then Next, then Windows
Sockets, then enter 127.0.0.1 or localhost in the "Please enter a host name
or IP address" box, then specify terminal emulation, keyboard functions (if
any), the name of this session, check the Save Settings box and enter where
to save them if you don't like the default path, then Finish to start the
session.

That's it.

Have fun,

Dave

Dave Taylor
CEO
Sysmark Information Systems, Inc.
49 Aspen Way
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
800-SYSMARK (800-797-6275)
(O) 310-544-1974
(C) 310-561-5200
(F) 310-377-3550
www.sysmarkinfo.com
Your Source for Integrated EDI Translation, DataSync Integration and
Software Migration
Authorized IBM Business Partner