I vote no. The UV/UD query language is fundamentally designed to work
against one file with correlatives/I-types pointing to any other tables
from which we require related data. This is something at the core of our
environment. The problem here is, shall we say, problematic database
design.

In this age of nearly unlimited data storage capabilities why not just
create one big happy file? Sure, use a bajillion indexes and if you are
on Universe even make it a multi part file if you want, but why would
you split data you want to report on via the query language into
separate files?

Now granted, poor Ed probably inherited this turkey and now just wants
to live with it. I'd suggest (ducks to avoid the lightning bolt that is
come from the sky) an SQL query since UD has that option .

This isn't SQL, we don't do joins. Joins are evil and smell bad. :)