Jerry

If by 'built-in' you include the middleware that comes with UV:

1. Create a .Net client.
2. Use the UniXML class to produce a dataset from a RetrieVe or SQL XML
statement.
3. Iterate through the dataset and use a dbCommand to push that into SQL via a
stored procedure.

Simple and effective.

Brian

I know this question has come up before but there have been many new
developments in Universe including a whole new release so I'm going to
ask it anyway. Also I know that it sometimes it's a matter of what you
have been taught.

What is the best way to get information to and from a SQLServer database
using Universe Basic?

I would prefer to hear about built in features and not outside sources.
Not that I don't appreciate that you guys have some wonderful products
but we have a fully qualified staff of programmers here and other than
the operating systems we have pretty much developed everything we have
in-house.

We are running Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 with uniVerse
10.1.12 Reality flavor. The SQLServer will be on a Windows 2003 Server
and most likely the latest version of SQLServer. We are not opposed to
upgrading the Linux or uniVerse if that would give us more to work with.

Jerry