-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Haskett
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 3:47 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Duplicate IDs in a list

I can't remember if I've asked this before but we occasional needed to
provide a custom script for our ASP clients.  In D3 it looked
like:

01 N
02 DISPLAY ...selecting items for processing
03 P
04 SSELECT ARTOPEN WITH DESC = "DELINQUENT CHARGE" AND WITH AGE < "30"
ACCOUNT
05 SL DELINQ.LIST
06 GL DELINQ.LIST {U
07 SL DELINQ.LIST
08 P
09 DISPLAY ...selection complete
10 FTWIZ

A variety of people in our support department could build these kinds of
scripts.  This is a D3 script.  Line 03 hushes output, line
06 makes sure redundant IDs aren't selected.  I've tried the usual
MERGE.LIST commands and can't get this to work in a paragraph.

I guess my first problem is; does UniData have any ability to get a list
without selecting redundant IDs?  I tried:

GET.LIST DELINQ.LIST TO 1
GET.LIST DELINQ.LIST TO 2
MERGE.LIST 1 UNION 2 TO 3
SAVE-LIST DELINQ.LIST

...and it didn't work too well.  I tried it in BASIC and that didn't work
too well either.  I had to write a custom BASIC program to
use LOCATE to build an array then did a FORMLIST then a SAVE.LIST.  This was
pretty bogus and development staff have to get involved
in this.

I'm in ECLTYPE "P" mode.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Bill