-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of MAJ Programming
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 08:01
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Over-coming EDitor shortcomings

Peter Schellenbach is too smart to not allow Accuterm to work on Unix/Linux
(UD/UV). I checked their website www.asent.com to see if the platforms were
represented but didn't see them. I know that it works on UV/Unix and D3/NT
and Mvbase/NT, and UV/SCO. Microdata and most natives will be too slow for
WED.

If you connect to the MV database with COM1 or telnet or SSH then you're
covered. Lotsa times software like this has an environment variable or
installation choice that decides which MV it's connected to. For WED it may
not mattter as much so it's wide open. GED and the subroutines may be more
picky although I don't know how different it may be.

It's a great, all-in-one package...Windows Editing, Graphical designer for
Data/Basic and great emulator. Plus at $20 per seat vs $200 for other
emulators, it's practically free.

My free cents.
Mark Johnson