I would use the SAVING clause on a select of the repairs file to build a list
of stock id's then use a merge list command to see what stock ids do not have a
repairs record.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dennis Bartlett
Sent: 14 March 2008 10:04
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Indexes

My dumb question for the day (just cant remember how to... and the manual's
example is too simplistic...)

How do I programmatically get an index value out,
eg
I have a STOCK file, and a REPAIRS file. Whoever designed this needs their
head read, but the repairs file only has the stock code as a reference in
the record. I have indexed the repair file on stock code, and need to create
a report on the stock file of how many items are under repair.

1. UniverseBASIC code?

2. is this possible from an Itype?