This is reponse to Symeon Breen's reply. Yes, CRT does not prevent UniObject
to call UniSubrouitne. But you can't see the CRT output unless you convert
them into an output paramater like Eric Armstrong suggests here. But my
problem is sometimes the Unidata subroutine fires some warning messages,
such as 'Uninitilized variables at line xxxxx'. In terminal mode, Unidata
subroutine still runs under this situation. But when you run UniObject for
Java to call the subroutine, UOJ just outputs nothing. Same things happen
when you turn on the Unidata debugger function. Is there a way that I can
let UOJ still successfully call the subrotuine even there could be such
warning happening:'Uninitilized variables at line xxxxx'.

That sounds odd - in standard uniobjects, or with uo.net it still works fine
even with a crt in the sub - not good practice of course but it certainly
works. I cant figure out why uoj would be different, they all use the same
backend udcs processes.  Is this Unidata on *nix or windows ?