Files that grow at a controlled rate and especially files that could exceed
2G are good candidates for dynamic files.  Files that are cleared, or files
that have masses of data loaded or removed from them, are not.  Work files,
for example, can be a horrible use of dynamic files.  As was stated earlier,
it's crucial that the original block size of the dynamic file be set
properly, otherwise the file could split way too often.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Symeon Breen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We use dynamic files no problem - yes I suppose in certain circumstances
> there is an overhead, but it would still be faster than a badly sized
> static
> file. The conclusion we have is if you are really on top of your file sizes
> and administrating things daily there is probably less need for dynamic
> files. If however you have hundreds of accounts and files then dynamic
> files
> are easier to admin and hence probably faster in the long term.
>

> Symeon.

-Kevin
http://www.PrecisOnline.com