UniVerse Dynamic files do NOT resize every time they split.  They only "resize"
a single group at each split.

The next group to split is allocated on a round robin basis from group number 1
up to the group number that is the highest power of 2 less than or equal to the
current modulus.  So, for a large dynamic file, it can be a long interval
between when a group is "resized" and the next time it is "resized".  This is
why we advocate resizing Dynamic files periodically.

Yes, they will work OK if you don't.