RESIZE filename * * * CONCURRENT USING tempdirpath

will be fine even if the dynamic hashed file is open in COMMON.  Make sure that
the combination tempdirpath/filename is less than 128 characters long.

"They" have put a deal of work into making CONCURRENT safe over the years.  Any
bad press you read is probably old.

It's still true that you should avoid INPLACE at all costs, especially for
dynamic files!