-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of doug chanco
Sent: Thursday, 7 August 2008 3:46 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] default gateway problem

You need to save the default gateway in the ODM.  If you manually
add/delete routes WITHOUT using smit then the "come back" when you reboot

do the following:

smitty tcpip
select ==> Minimum Configuration & Startup
select your network card

and then change

 Default Gateway
      Address (dotted decimal or symbolic name)     [172.16.0.255]

to whatever your gateway is, this will update the ODM and next time you
reboot will be the gateway thats set

dougc